Launched in April of 2014, WebinarNinja has set out to allow businesses to easily create engaging webinars for training and coaching. We provide an all-in-one solution for entrepreneurs, authors, speakers, coaches, consultants and software businesses.
Our aim is to make the tech of webinars disappear in the background so hosts and attendees can focus on their content and enjoy the webinar experience.
We help businesses in every niche and today, over a million people attended a WebinarNinja webinar.
WebinarNinja has been self-funded and profitable from day one. We only answer to the needs of our team, collective vision and users.
About The Role
WebinarNinja is hiring Senior Backend Software Engineers to join our passionate software development team and continue our push towards engineering excellence. You will be responsible for designing, building and improving our existing PHP/Laravel based web application backend while following current best practices and test driven methodologies. You will be expected to provide guidance to the rest of the engineering team in the form of project specification feedback and peer code reviews.
WebinarNinja is a distributed global company with people working around the world. The primary spoken and written language is English. You will be expected to lead in daily standups according to the team’s schedule but will have flexibility in personal development hours. You will be required to act as an escalation target for support issues that may require engineering assistance and infrastructure assistance (AWS). You will be required to provide communication to peers as well as represent the engineering team when communication on support issues when they are escalated. You will be required to work in multiple collaboration tools such as Slack, Basecamp, Trello and Jira.
Why You Should Apply:
- You want to build amazing software without sacrificing quality
- You are eager to solve difficult problems
- You want to have input into the overall development of the software and development practices
- You want to work with a team that strives to follow best practices in development and testing
- You want to act as a customer advocate, recognizing them as our #1 stakeholder
- You are collaborative, willing to teach and learn from others
- You are fun and expect to have fun, respecting a proper balance of work and life
Skills You Should Have
- Expert knowledge in PHP (7.3+)
- Expert knowledge in Laravel (6.0+)
- Expert knowledge in API design and development
- Expert knowledge in Test Driven Development where tests are used to drive feature completeness and correctness. A strong understanding of Laravel testing best practices using Facades, Database assertions and JSON validation.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD tooling and best practices. Knowledge in CircleCI a plus.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Amazon Web Services. EC2, CodeDeploy, RDS, Elasticache, S3 and Cloudfront. AWS Certification at Associate level and above a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of how reactive client side applications are written and communicate to the backend Knowledge of Angular2+ a strong plus.
- Solid knowledge of SQL relational databases, schema design and query optimization
- Solid knowledge of web application security best practices (XSS, SQL Injection, etc)
- Solid knowledge of utilizing queues and caching
- Experience working with Agile SCRUM based teams
- Strong leadership and management skills
Why Work at WebinarNinja?
WebinarNinja is a fully remote team, so no Googleplex lunches or wacky slides down from the 5th floor.
Instead, we strive to give each team member an unmatched level of job satisfaction. We offer a healthy level of autonomy and provide consistency in expectations and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
Though we are a remote team, we foster a culture of communication and transparency everyday. We also take a break from remote work every year, for a week, for our annual team retreat. Last year we spent a week in Ubud, Bali working and playing together- taking in the culture, food and fun.
But the biggest reason why you would love working at WebinarNinja is that we create cool stuff that makes a significant impact on the businesses we serve, everyday.
How to Apply?
Apply by completing this short application form here.