CartHook works with merchants to help add new revenue to their stores with post-purchase upsells. Come join a team that’s working with some of the biggest online direct-to-consumer brands, helping them thrive in today’s ecommerce environment. CartHook gives merchants control over an essential part of their stores, helping them generate new revenue through post-purchase upsells, and have processed over $1 billion on the platform.
As a senior backend engineer at CartHook, you will be creating powerful, flexible, highly scalable APIs and developing various backend systems and operations. Additionally you will architect, define and maintain our database and models, and ensure our systems can keep up their high performance and responsiveness. You will be responsible for implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting our existing functionality. You will also join us in sprint planning and retrospectives and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our stack and the future of ecommerce.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in a European timezone, but we are open to other timezones on a case by case basis
Who we are
We are a group of people who give a damn. We believe in doing what’s right and speaking up, even when it’s difficult. We pursue success, humbly.
We work on two continents, with offices in Portland, Oregon, and Ljubljana, Slovenia. We bridge the timezones and distance with thorough and transparent communication, and processes designed to empower and support each other. We’re a company of people from a variety of backgrounds, with a range of perspectives, which makes us stronger.
At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in backend systems and API development
- Advanced knowledge of PHP (minimum of 5 years)
- Advanced knowledge of Laravel (minimum of 2 years)
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database systems
- Excellent REST API understanding
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent time management skills
- GitHub, Docker, Buildkite, and similar development tools
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambition, the ability to think beyond, be highly collaborative, and extremely driven
- AWS Knowledge
- Ecommerce knowledge
- Scrum and agile development
- Experience with high performance systems
- Deep understanding of database operations
When applying, please attach your CV and a link to GitHub (or similar).